The Assembler is assigned tasks by the Production Supervisor. It is the Assembler’s responsibility to complete all production orders and related tasks on time, in full, and to specification in order to ensure that all customers’ orders can be filled on schedule.
• Studying assembly instructions, blueprint specifications, and parts lists; gathering parts, subassemblies, tools, and materials.
• Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
• Positions parts and subassemblies by using templates or reading measurements. Operate within standard operating procedures (SOPs).
• Assembles components by examining connections for correct fit; fastening parts and subassemblies.
• Examine products to verify conformance to quality standards.
• Count finished products to determine if product orders are complete.
• Resolves assembly problems by altering dimensions to meet specifications; notifying supervisor to obtain additional resources.
• Identifies units that fail tests or tolerance levels and repairs as necessary according to process.
• Keeps equipment operational by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
• Maintains safe and well-organized working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Wash work areas, machines, equipment, vehicles, and products.
• Documents actions by completing production and quality forms.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Other duties as assigned
Experience and Education:
• Entry Level – Experience preferred but not required
• High School Diploma/GED preferred
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
• Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment.
• Must be able to work in non-climate controlled environment where ambient air temperature can exceed outside air temperature.
• Will require heavy work (lifting greater than 30 pounds). Ability to carry 50 lbs. for 100 feet unassisted.
• Machinery operation requires the use of safety PPE equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, steel-toe shoes, and hardhats. Loose fitting clothes and jewelry are not permitted
• Regularly required to stand or sit, and move about the facility. Ability to stand for 8 hours per day.
Materials and Equipment Used: Will require proper coordination, and motor skills to work with power/hand tools as needed.
Tools: Impact Driver, Air Ratchet, Socket set, Box End, Allen, Torx Wrenches, Screwdrivers, Nut Divers, Pneumatic riveters, Drills (cordless, electric) and drill bits, Vices, Taps, Cutting Tools, Hammers, Other machinery (swage crimpers, cloth cutters, impeller balancing, MIG).
Candidates will be required to complete a background check and drug screen before beginning work.
Sonny's is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating an inclusive work environment for everyone. We embrace and celebrate the unique experiences, perspectives, and cultural backgrounds that each employee brings to our workplace. Sonny's strives to foster an environment where our employees feel respected, valued, and empowered, and our team members are at the forefront in helping us promote and sustain an inclusive workplace.