Hydra-Flex was founded in 2002 as 2 men, a beer fridge, and a machine shop - driven by the simple belief that we could "find a better way" to manufacture innovative and reliable fluid handling products. With an all-out war on waste, our mission is to develop products that solve problems, save precious resources, reduce operating costs, and provide exceptional and measurable results for our customers. Hydra-Flex is based in Savage, MN, and is listed on the MSPBJ Fast 50, a Top Inventor, an Employer of Excellence, a Star and Tribune Top Workplace and winner of multiple MN Manufacturing Awards. Employees enjoy a work hard, play hard culture that celebrates individual and company achievements, and we want you to celebrate with us!
Hydra-Flex is looking for a seasoned Sr Electrical Engineer to help us grow the business. In this role, you will get to wear many hats and be responsible for board-level design, component selection, digital and wireless design, firmware design and testing, design documentation, requirements tracking, hardware/software verification, systems integration, FMEA, project management, new design research and investigation, full software and hardware product lifecycle and transition to manufacturing. Beyond R&D you will work with Sales, Marketing, Quality and Manufacturing to help develop new products and improve existing products.
• Responsible for or contribute to new product projects from concept to production implementation.
• Work with and support cross functional teams and business units in development of new product offerings.
• Contributes or responsible for IoT development and integration to be used in M2M and B2B solutions that will involve Data Analytics and AI
• Develop detailed product development plans, understand technical feasibility, estimate costs and project risk, meet cost targets, coordinate resources and work to project schedules.
• Help to develop new intellectual property.
• Assist in the design and fabrication of prototype hardware, participates in pilot runs, and thoroughly documents the results.
• Develop conceptual and detailed designs for complex electrical components, subsystems and systems that comply with industry standards such as CE, UL.
• Responsible to work with inside and outside resources to validate new product, develop test procedures and ensure conformity to customer requirements.
• Responsible for developing or directing hardware development, firmware development, and board-level design
• Implement new systems and best practices to assure high quality results.
• Identify and help initiate technical projects that will lead to product innovations or improvements.
• Assist with ongoing technical support of current and new products.
• Provide technical direction to technicians involved in fabrication, machining, installation, calibration, troubleshooting, and operation of complex electrical systems.
• Identify areas of technical project risk and address as appropriate before the consumption of time and resources.
• Communicate and report project status to departmental managers.
• Conduct cost benefit analysis where appropriate to determine best course of action.
• With little management and guidance, assert creative and technical influence using sound judgment concepts, theories, and principles to shape new electrical product electrical and testing.
Education and Experience:
• BS or MS degree in electrical engineering or equivalent
• 10 years of progressive experience relating to electrical and product design
• Demonstrated project management and leadership skills
• Demonstrates a wide breadth of experience with electrical systems
• Ability to read, understand, and create electrical schematics
• Demonstrates hands on experience with engineering validation
• Experience with industry standards such as UL for new and existing product
• Highly organized; able to meet deadlines, demonstrate attention to detail, and plan and manage projects.
• Ability to use and/or identify software to convert electrical board designs to 3D models.
• Ability to communicate effectively both in technical writing and verbal presentations
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point and other industry standard electrical software
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, small team environment under minimal supervision
• Ability to positively represent the company when interfacing with suppliers and customers
• Ability to meet schedule and cost commitments
• Ability to travel occasionally
• Programming experience a plus
• Reads, writes and speaks the English language fluently
• Ability to lift 25 lbs.
• Ability to stand 25% of the time
Candidates will be required to complete a background check and drug screen before beginning work.
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE